CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

God Wants Our Whole Heart


God doesn't want the outward show, or our charming personality. He wants our whole heart. And when He has it, then God will open up the doors of service for us.The results of God getting the whole, surrendered heart of every Christian could be just awesome.

As the old hymn says:

Take my will, and make it Thine,
It shall be no longer mine;
Take my heart, it is Thine own,
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Jesus, I need to include You in all the parts of my life. I need to surrender my heart, my will, and my fears - especially my fears. I need to give you my will and to stop taking it back. I want to enjoy following Your ways. I want to do Your Will, because I know that it is the best thing for me. Thank you for your patience with me. Every day I want to ask You - What do You want me to do today? Please show me, Lord. Show me how to live for you,

O my son, give me your heart. May your eyes take delight in following my ways. - Proverbs 23:26

2 comments:

GranthamLynn said...

Oh what a sweet post. I love that verse. What a great illustration you made.
Thanks for coming by yesterday and commenting.
I suspect I was touched by the song too the same way you were.
I know that I ask and receive grace and it is amazing because I don't deserve it.
I'll want to do what you suggest and ask Jesus everyday/every minute what do you want me to do?
I hope you have a Blessed Sunday.

Paulette and Jack said...

Maisie,

How refreshing!!!! Amen. It was my prayer this morning along with "Please show me Your priorities for today" which I thought would include the bank and mowing the lawn by now : ), but instead included reading some of your posts. Saw the video and I too cried all the way through - SO powerful - what courageous people! God bless and strengthen them. Do you know what church that was, the one where they had all the cardboard signs of what they were and now are in Christ? I just posted that on my MySpace and sent it as a bulletin. I have that to communicate with the younger ones in my family and those who are not saved. They will talk to me there if no where else. Thanks for your comment about my Gramma - I love her dearly and am so thankful for her.